Monday, November 7, 2011

RW 388-404/Patterns 547-562, 573

RW:
I am absolutely a child of this generation; I know everything there is to know about the internet, computers, anything modern and technological like that. I noticed, however, that it's entirely self-taught and I've gained my skills through things such as AIM, Myspace, Facebook, etc. AIM was sincerely my introduction to typing and the reason why I can type so easily now. Myspace, for its decoration opportunities, changed me into a Myspace HTML expert and I knew how to modify practically anything. The beginning of this reading almost made me yawn because it seemed to be telling me about things I already knew; but surprisingly enough, there's information here that I never knew about. The dynamics of search engines and all reference technology is actually pretty foreign to me. All I know is to type in words in a bar and hit enter, but there's way more complexity to it. I didn't know about half the advantages that are available. In high school, my teachers made a big deal about the quality of the references we use; however, we were never taught in depth about it: all I remember is, "DON'T USE WIKIPEDIA." This little article really spells it out.

PATTERNS:
547-562
I have truly never seen such depth in the concept of argumentation. As well as this section instructs the perfect approach to an argument, it's also almost a sociology lesson. I've not been introduced to sociology so it's a foreign field to me; this article struck me further than how argue. The dynamics and philosophy behind formal arguments given in this reading shows a thorough analysis with suggested execution; it's almost uncomfortably in-depth. The terms also given to the aspects of argumentation make sense of the act.

573
Turning to this page was a surprise. In reference to the approach to arguments, this article is assertive and very one-sided. Some news articles do try not to be bias, the journalist behind this article seems to have one thought and is stuck to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment