Monday, November 21, 2011

Drake/J.Edgar

I'm actually a fan of Drake myself, as much as I resisted when I first heard him. I was introduced to his album Thank Me Later by friends ; I never took it upon myself to have myself listen to it. I'm aware of the stereotypical rapper who talks about women, money, and fame, but as the article in the Rolling Stones said - something makes me listen. His beats are appealing but he also puts his feelings into his music as well. I just recently heard his new album Take Care before it dropped because it leaked and I was impressed for the most part - it's more heart-felt though. The article explains how he still maintains the cocky rapper attitude, which is true, but it's also nice to hear that there's trouble in paradise. He almost makes it seem fair between us; but then again, I can't throw even one $100 bill without chasing back after it.

To be honest I read the article on Dicaprio's new film and I did not take much out of it. I have minimal prior knowledge on Hoover or his story so this sort of critique is all Greek. However, I saw previews for that movie and Dicaprio looks 76, successfully. As of late he seems to be the star of some of my favorite films; Shutter Island and Inception are movies I could watch multiple times. So, I think it's clear - the only reason I, personally, would see J.Edgar is the fact that Leonardo is in it. How shallow of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment